- Goal setting and measurement are fundamental to communication and public relations.
- Measuring communication outcomes is recommended versus only measuring outputs.
- The effect on organizational performance can and should be measured where possible.
- Measurement and evaluation require both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- AVEs are not the value of communication.
- Social media can and should be measured consistently with other media channels.
- Measurement and evaluation should be transparent, consistent and valid.