Stuart Bruce has extensive expertise in crisis communications training, planning and management. He is a trainer for the UK’s Chartered Institute of Public Relations and teaches its crisis communications planning and risk issues management and crisis courses. He also created and teaches the CIPR’s social and digital crisis management course.
Crisis communications is one of the disciplines where the associates in Stuart Bruce play a vital role. Stuart has worked with senior crisis communications experts around the world.
Most of Stuart’s crisis work is helping clients to review and modernise crisis communications plans and procedures, particularly to ensure they make the most effective use of technology, digital and social media. He also helps ensure organisations are prepared to deal with new threats from social media and fake news.
As well as crisis communication and scenario planning Stuart and his team of associates also run crisis communications training and provide a range of crisis simulation exercises. These range from simple desktop exercises for fictional companies through to realistic simulations with secure sandboxes to replicate social media platforms and mainstream digital media channels as well as TV interviews and live news conferences.
Live crisis communications management
As well as his extensive crisis communications training and planning experience Stuart has also helped manage many live issues, risks and crises. These include:
- Delivering crisis communications training workshops for the CEOs and heads of communications of sports teams competing in the Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Supporting a global quasi-governmental organisation manage the publication of a report detailing historic racism by its predecessors.
- Developing an extensive issues management plan for the closure of an iconic brewery. This project included stakeholder mapping, media training and messaging workshops.
- Helping a US pharmaceutical company avoid an issue regarding the non-availability of life saving drug from becoming a crisis.
- Working for a global insurance company to develop and implement a comprehensive digital and social media crisis plan following an FOI request by an MP into alleged abuse in childrens’ homes.
- Advising a multinational consumer electronics company on several issues and crises including leaks of confidential documents, product recalls and human rights abuses in the factories of one of its suppliers.
Contact Stuart today to discuss how he can help you develop or review your crisis communications plan, deliver crisis communication for your team or run a crisis communication simulation exercise.